Week 9, Term 1 2022: Next week’s message from Jason Elder
Friday 25 March 2022
School has settled down this week. Many tamariki have returned to school.
Today, out of 382 akonga we have:
- 266 tamariki present at school
- 33 tamariki Home Learning (Including Household Contacts)
- 41 sick tamariki (Generally unwell)
- 21 tamariki are at home as their whānau are worried about Covid-19
- 2 tamariki are overseas
- Whānau of 19 tamariki have still not contacted the school today. Please remember, to let the office know where your children are. Remember, we have a free 0800 number you can ring. 0800-000-352.
Currently, we have had 55 student cases of Covid-19 in our community. Over 10 of these students have already returned to school; most of these students have become infected from their Household. We have had 5 staff infected and over 10 staff at home as Household Contacts. Most staff should be back next week.
We will continue to text whānau when there is a case connected to a class.
The key message to all whānau is:
– Keep students home if they are displaying any flu like symptoms. Students who arrive at school looking unwell will be sent home.
– School is safe for all other students.
Future Term Dates:
# Monday 28 March: Board Meeting in the Conference Room from 5.30pm
# Thursday 14 April: Last day of Term 2.
# Monday 2 May: Term 2 starts, Winter Term: school finishes at 2.35pm
Late Bus for Term 2 and 3: 5 tamariki have been registered so far. Contact the office if you cannot pick your tamariki up by 2.35pm in the Winter months (e.g. due to work).
# Food in Schools
# Covid 19: Red Traffic Light Guidelines for SPS
# Staff contact emails
# Enrolment for Out of Zone Students
# School Newsletters
Stratford Primary School