Term 3, 2023 Update:
School lunches resume on Monday 17 July 2023
17 July 2023
Kia ora koutou,
A very big, warm welcome back to you all from all of us here at Compass Group. We hope you have all had a wonderful break and managed to find occasion to relax and reinvigorate for the term ahead. We have, as always, been keeping ourselves busy during the break implementing several initiatives to improve the product and service we provide to you and your ākonga. This term we are delighted to announce we will provide hot lunches three times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
School Lunches Team
Dear Parents and Whānau
The Ministry of Education has continued to offer Stratford Primary School the opportunity to be involved in the ‘Free School Lunches’ programme for 2023.
Free School Lunches is for all students at Stratford Primary School. This includes:
- One free lunch each school day
- Lunches will be delivered to school each day to every classroom
- Weekly lunches will include a mixture of cold and hot lunches over the week
- All lunches are healthy and made to individual students dietary requirements
- Lunches are safely packaged
- Where possible, all waste is recycled, either as food scraps or paper/cardboard recycling.
- Click here to find out more information
Frequently asked questions:
How does my child register for the Food in Schools Programme?
When students enrol for the first time, parents are asked if they would like their child apart of the programme.
If your child has been off the programme, simply contact the School Office to put them back on. This can take 3-4 working days e.g. contract agreement.
How do I remove my child from the Food in Schools Programme?
Contact the School Office directly to remove your child from the programme.
Can my child pick and choose what they have?
My child has a food allergy or religious food requirements, can they still be involved in the programme?
Yes, we can inform the supplier of your child’s needs. They are also labelled for your child.