The health and wellbeing of our children, staff and community is a top priority.
We are sending this message as there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 in our school community. This occured in our Junior Team (Year 1-2). The teacher of the class concerned has contacted parents.
We are now at Phase 3. This means that only people in the same household as that person need to isolate. Everyone else should still come to Stratford Primary School. However, if you would like to keep your children home that is fine, please let the Office Team know in the normal way for absences.
What you need to do:
- You and your whānau should watch for symptoms
- If any develop, get tested immediately
- Then, stay at home until you receive the result
- Advice from the Ministry of Health is if your whānau has not been vaccinated, please do so as soon as possible. You can book on-line at bookmyvaccine.nz or by calling 0800 28 29 26. It’s free.
What we are doing:
- Stratford Primary School continues to operate as usual
- The Tryathlon is still on tomorrow
- We have already separated into four big bubbles to avoid unnecessary contact of students when they are inside e.g. Year 1-2, Year 3-4, Year 5-6 and Year 7-8.
- We have appropriate public health measures and cleaning procedures in place providing multiple levels of protection for our students.
Symptoms of COVID-19
- A new or worsening cough
- Sneezing and runny nose
- A fever
- Temporary loss of smell or altered sense of taste
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath.
Less common symptoms include diarrhoea, headache, muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, malaise, chest pain, abdominal pain, joint pain, or confusion/irritability.
For more information, go to https://covid19.govt.nz/health-and-wellbeing/about-covid-19/covid-19-symptoms/(external link)
Please contact the Office Team (7656938, option 3 or 0800-000-352) if you have any questions.
Stratford Primary School